- OVERVIEW: This competition will follow the Swiss-System Tournament format to determine the next matches. This "basically" means that those teams with similar records will play one another after each round. This eliminates any one team from benefitting from the "luck of the draw" by playing another team outside their skill level. These pairings are automatically determined by the website we are using. At the end of 6 rounds of matches, the first 4 places will be awarded monies according to total game points, plus points, and the Median-Buchholz System. The Median-Bucholz System is where the best and worst scores of a player's opponents are discarded, and the remaining scores summed.
- COST: The cost is $20 per person. Please make your checks payable to "NHLBC" and mail your payment to Norma Goodhart at 1502 Lakeside Lane, Huntington Beach CA 92648. You can also leave a check inside the club office and notify Norma. Payments must be made by the first day of the competition on February 4th.
- PARTICIPATION: By participating in this event you are agreeing to play two 12-end matches each week on a Saturday for 3 consecutive weeks. Failure to play a match will result in a loss and a loss of 6 plus points. Once teams are drawn, a team photo should be taken and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SCHEDULE: The event will begin at 11:45am Saturday February 6, 2021 and continue the next 2 weekends, February 13th and February 20th, with the winners being awarded after the final match on February 20th. The first match: Arrive at least 30 minutes early around 11:30am at the latest (so we can see if any subs are needed). Scorecards will be distributed around 11:40. Announcements are at 11:45, and trial bowls begin at 11:55am. The second match: Begins at 2:30pm.
- TEAM SELECTION: A sheet will be posted at the club for people to sign up as Skips, Leads, and Subs. Skips and Leads will make out a check for $20 to NHLBC and put it in the office slot. Subs bowl free (if chosen) and simply sign up .
- RINK SELECTION: Rinks are randomly determined prior to the matches by the tournament committee. When you show up to bowl, you'll receive your rink assignment. After the 1st match, teams will draw for rinks. If a team draws a rink they or their opponent played on, they'll draw again. If we get into a circumstance where it is impossible for a team to play on a rink they haven't played on, the teams will be given the option to play on an end rink or a rink that a team has played on already.
ALL OF THE ABOVE IS SAID WITH THE ASSUMPTION THAT WE'RE BEING WISE AND ACTING APPROPRIATELY IN REGARDS TO COVID-19.