- OVERVIEW: This competition will follow the Swiss-System Tournament method to determine the next round of match pairings. (The Median-Bucholz System is where the best and worst scores of a player's opponents are discarded, and the remaining scores summed.) This "basically" means that those teams with similar records will play one another after each round. This eliminates any one team from benefitting from the "luck of the draw" by playing another team outside their skill level. Each round pairings are automatically determined a website we are using. At the end of 5 match rounds, the top 4 places qualify for a single elimination playoff to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places.
- COST: The cost is $20 per person or $40 per team. Please make your checks payable to "NHLBC" and mail your payment to Norma Goodhart at 1502 Lakeside Lane, Huntington Beach CA 92648. You can also leave a check inside the club office and notify Norma. Payments must be made by the first day of the competition on Monday, April 5th.
- PARTICIPATION: By participating in this event you are agreeing to arrange and play with your designated opponent, one 16-end match each week for 5 consecutive weeks. Failure to play a match will result in a loss and a loss of 6 plus points. Once teams are drawn, a team photo should be taken and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send these as soon as you can. It's a hassle chasing you guys.
- SCHEDULE: The first round of the event will begin on a day of your choosing during the week of Monday, April 5th through Sunday, April 11th. Subsequent rounds are to be arranged during the following 4 consecutive weeks. The first 4 places after 5 match rounds will qualify for the semi-finals and finals to be held on Saturday, May 15th starting at 12:00pm. The finals and 3rd place matches will begin after the semis have completed.
- TEAM SELECTION: A sheet has been posted at the club for people to sign up as a team for either the A or B green. If the tournament committee feels that a team signed up for one green should play the other, they will assign that team accordingly and contact the team for their approval. If the team does not approve and no longer wishes to play, their money will be refunded. A random draw will be held on a date to be determined prior to the first week of the event.
- OPPONENT & RINK SELECTION: Opponents and rinks for the first round will be randomly determined by the tournament committee and Emailed to all participants prior to the first week of the event. Subsequent pairings will be automatically determined by a website that specializes in the Swiss method after all of the match scores have been entered. Rinks will again will be randomly drawn, assigned, and Emailed along with opponent pairings to all participants prior to the beginning of the next round.
- CONDITIONS OF PLAY:
- Matched teams will contact one another and arrange a time and day for their match to be played before the end of the designated week for the round.
- Each match will be a standard 16-end Aussie Pairs match and the jack will be rolled as is standard in bowls.
- After each match, the winning team will take a photo of the scorecard and it to email@example.com and and each teams' game points (3 for win, 1 for tie, 0 for loss), plus points, and points against will be totaled and added to the Challonge website by Hatfield.
- The Swiss-system on the Challonge website (automatically assigns the next round opponents according to the Swiss-system, so we’re assured that no team will play another team twice) will automatically generate pairings for the next match round.
- An Email will be sent to all participants prior to the next round indicating their opponent for the next round and the process is started all over again.
- Visits to the head:
- Bowlers may visit the head after the 9th and 10th bowls.
- The 11th and 12th bowls are the crossover.
- Bowlers may visit the head after the 13th and 14th bowls.
- It’s unnecessary to visit the head after the 15th and 16th bowls as these are the last bowls.
- During crossovers, both bowlers must go to the mat at the same time. This will reduce a lot of crossover time.
- If a team can’t be fielded for a match and the team still wants to play, HRD will choose a sub. If the team can’t be fielded, then the opponent will win 3 game points, 6 plus points, and 0 points against.
- COVID: Per club policy we are still adhering to the following Covid-19 guidelines: 6 feet social distancing and masks recommended when in the vicinity of another person. Jacks, mats, scoreboards, and rakes may all be used. The Restroom: One at a time please. Wash your hands.
The Clubhouse: The only place you can visit in the clubhouse is the restroom. No kitchen, no office, no open inside area. Stay outside. Hand sanitizer will be placed at conspicuous locations for everyone's use.
- MONEY BREAKDOWN:
|Green A (20 Teams)||$300||$180||$120||$600|
|Green B (16 Teams)||$240||$140||$100||$480|
ALL OF THE ABOVE IS SAID WITH THE ASSUMPTION THAT WE'RE BEING WISE AND ACTING APPROPRIATELY IN REGARDS TO COVID-19.