- COST: The cost is $40 per team. We will pay first and second place (75/25 split). Please make your checks payable to "NHLBC" and mail your payment to Norma Goodhart at 1502 Lakeside Lane, Huntington Beach CA 92648. You can also leave a check inside the club office and notify Norma. Payments must be received by Saturday September 5. Teams not paid by that date will be removed from the bracket. We have 31 teams and a capacity for one more. (Some come on down!)
- PARTICIPATION: By participating in this event you are agreeing to play one game each week as long as your team survives and, if needed, allow for a little flexibility and sacrifice. Failure to play a match will result in a loss. We would like to encourage EVERY team to submit a team photo. I've been collecting some along the way but would/could certainly use your help. Please email them to Randy and I and we'll post on the website.
- TOURNAMENT FORMAT: It's double elimination so everyone will have a second chance to advance. Our assumption is that most games will be played on the weekends (and most on Saturdays) ... but please be flexible and allow for alternate times (including evenings) if necessary. The first few weeks we may need to "schedule" rink times so there is no conflict or confusion. The ONLY way this works is if we all work together and, if needed, make the appropriate sacrifices.
- SCHEDULE: You choose the day and time. Note that the busiest time is always on Saturday mornings between 9am-12pm. SUGGESTION: avoid the chaos and play your games during the other 165 hours of the week. Plan accordingly and use appropriate caution. The event will begin the week of Monday August 24. (First round matches can begin as early as Saturday August 22, be completed by Sunday August 30, and results submitted by Monday August 31.) You will have the entire week to contact your opponent, play your match, and report your results. You must play one match every week as long your team survives. We also agreed to determine a preset default time of Saturday at 3pm each week in case the two teams cannot come to an agreement on a better time. This is designed to prevent a team simply from avoiding communication and throwing a wrench into the system.
- GAME FORMAT: one 16-end game (per week). Club rules. Tie games will have a one end roll-off (4 bowls each bowler). Trial ends are permitted before every match. Take advantage of this opportunity. There are no plus points awarded in this format. If it is mathematically impossible for you to win your game you may concede. Results must be reported by the winning team to Mike Ruggles and Randy Hatfield by Email or Text. Be sure to CC your opponent. Please don't make us chase you down.
- COVID: Per club policy we are still adhering a number of Covid-19 guidelines ... including one designated person touching the jack and another designated person placing the mat. The jack will be set by the winning skip at the length of his/her choosing using their foot. Please determine before the match begins who will be responsible for which responsibilities. Rakes are optional - if you use please designate a specific person for that task. You can use a scoreboard or scorecard to record your results. Again, one person touch that too.
- RINK SELECTION: is first come first use.
- FINALS: The Finals Event will be played on a Saturday morning and possibly afternoon probably in mid October to allow for convenient viewing. The final breakdown of the payouts for first and second place out of 31 teams @ $40/team = $1,240 - $100 for club green fees = $1,140 prize pool. 75% to first place = $855 and 25% to second place = $285.
ALL OF THE ABOVE IS SAID WITH THE ASSUMPTION THAT WE'RE BEING WISE AND ACTING APPROPRIATELY IN REGARDS TO COVID-19.